Position Title: Assistant House Manager
Primary Location: RMH on the campus of Nemours Children’s Hospital*
*Additional coverage will be required at RMH on the campus of AdventHealth and RMH on the campus of Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies.
Employment Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: House Manager
Job Description: The primary responsibility of the Assistant House Manager is to help oversee the general operation of the Ronald McDonald House. The Assistant House Manager is directly involved in delivering our mission and program goal of offering comfort and care to every person who walks through the doors of our Houses, including guest families, volunteers, and donors.
- Provide exceptional customer service and hospitality to all guest families, volunteers, donors, and visitors.
- Serve as a primary contact for guest families from time of application.
- Provide a comfortable, stable, and clean environment in the House.
- Ensure all preventative maintenance for the facility is performed in a timely manner.
- Manage vendor relationships professionally to coordinate and retain highest quality service providers.
- Provide detailed record keeping and regular reporting of all communication with guest families, volunteers and groups, facility maintenance, policies and safety/emergency incidents to supervisor.
- Serve as a liaison to referring partners, ensuring they are up to date with procedures, have sufficient materials and are encouraged to refer qualified families.
- Share responsibility with the Operations Team to ensure the facility is fully staffed 24/7/365.
- Support organization’s Volunteer Team by providing effective leadership for in-house volunteers, interns and individuals completing community service learning, and work closely with Share-A-Meal providers and groups.
- Support organization’s Development Team by cultivating relationships and sharing partnership opportunities with families, volunteers, donors and visitors.
- Maintain daily operations and assigned projects in the absence of the House Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of non-profit management, hospitality management, or other customer service related experience.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask, prioritizes, show initiative and take direction well.
- Proactive time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Consistently able to work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Tactful and diplomatic with a positive attitude.
- Flexible and trustworthy with a high level of integrity.
- Works well independently and as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate solid judgment and decision making.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation.