Position Title: House Manager
Primary Location: RMH on the campus of Nemours Children’s Hospital*
*Additional coverage will be required at RMH on the campus of AdventHealth and RMH on the campus of Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies.
Employment Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Job Description: The primary responsibility of the House Manager is to oversee the general operation of the Ronald McDonald House. The House Manager is directly involved in delivering our mission and program goal of offering comfort and care to every person who walks through the doors of our Houses, including guest families, volunteers, and donors.
- Provide exceptional customer service and hospitality to all guest families, volunteers, donors and visitors.
- Serve as a primary contact for guest families from time of application.
- Ensure proper maintenance of facilities, including scheduling inspections and preventative maintenance.
- Provide a comfortable, stable, and clean environment in the House.
- Ensure a successful onboarding and training of new employees.
- Manage quarterly and yearly refresher training for current employees.
- Assess current policies & procedures for relevancy and effectiveness.
- Providing ongoing communication with hospital partners on our mission and collaborate on different opportunities to expand our program.
- Provide detailed record keeping and regular reporting of all communication with guest families, volunteers and groups, facility maintenance, policies and safety/emergency incidents to supervisor.
- Share responsibility with the Operations Team to ensure the facility is fully staffed 24/7/365.
- Support organization’s Volunteer Team by providing effective leadership for volunteers.
- Support organization’s Development Team by cultivating relationships and sharing partnership opportunities with families, volunteers, donors, and visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years of non-profit management, hospitality management, or other customer service related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of managing facilities and maintenance.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask, prioritizes, show initiative and take direction well.
- Proactive time management skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Consistently able to work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Tactful and diplomatic with a positive attitude.
- Flexible and trustworthy with a high level of integrity.
- Works well independently and as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate solid judgment and decision making.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation.