Position Title: Resident House Manager
Primary Location: RMH on the campus of Nemours Children’s Hospital*
*Additional coverage will be required at RMH on the campus of AdventHealth and RMH on the campus of Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies.
Employment Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: House Manager
Job Description: The primary responsibility of the Resident House Manager is to help oversee the general operation of the Ronald McDonald House in the evening and overnight. The Resident House Manager is directly involved in delivering our mission and program goal of offering comfort and care to every person who walks through the doors of our Houses, including guest families, volunteers, and donors.
- Provide exceptional customer service and hospitality to all guest families, volunteers, donors and visitors.
- Live onsite at the Ronald McDonald House from Sunday through Thursday to be on call for emergencies and help with after hour check-ins and lockouts.
- Serve as a primary contact in the evening for guest families from time of application.
- Respond attentively to any overnight emergencies, lockouts, or arranged check-ins.
- Provide a comfortable, stable, and clean environment in the House.
- Provide detailed record keeping and regular reporting of all communication with guest families, volunteers and groups, facility maintenance, policies, and safety/emergency incidents to supervisor.
- Share responsibility with the Operations Team to ensure the facility is fully staffed 24/7/365.
- Help manage vendor relationships upon arrival to the House.
- Support organization’s Volunteer Team by providing effective leadership for in-House volunteers, interns and individuals completing community service learning, and work closely with Share-A-Meal providers and groups.
- Support organization’s Development Team by cultivating relationships and sharing partnership opportunities with families, volunteers, donors, and visitors.
- Maintain daily operations and assigned projects in the absence of the House Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- At least one year of non-profit management, hospitality management, or other customer service related experience.
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask, prioritizes, show initiative, and take direction well.
- Proactive time management skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Consistently able to work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Tactful and diplomatic with a positive attitude.
- Flexible and trustworthy with a high level of integrity.
- Works well independently and as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate solid judgment and decision making.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation.