Due to the Coronavirus and our concern for the health of our families, staff and volunteers, RMHCCF is temporarily suspending all volunteer programs, including our In-House Volunteer program. We will notify our donors and volunteers when our programs resume.
In-House volunteer opportunities
The information provided on this page is for individuals that wish to be In-House Volunteers.
Learn more about the other individual volunteer opportunity available:
When can I volunteer?
We have 2-4 hour shifts for individual volunteers every day from 9:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. at all three Ronald McDonald House locations.
When you complete the In-House Volunteer application, you will have an opportunity to list your availability.
Types of In-House volunteer activities
Activities will vary based on our organization’s needs. Below are some areas you may be asked to assist with:
- Welcoming families to the House
- Light administrative work
- Assistance with housekeeping
- Assistance with serving meals
Additional guidelines for In-House volunteers
- Due to the unique nature of volunteer placements, we are unable to accept court mandated volunteers.
- Must be 18 years of age to volunteer.
- Must submit a complete application, attend an RMH Volunteer Meet and Greet, attend (4) training sessions provided by an RMH staff member/volunteer, and finally complete a background check.
- Commit to volunteering In-House for a span of at least 1 year.
How to sign up to be an In-House volunteer
Completing the application does not guarantee you volunteer placement at RMH. Please allow for up to ten business days for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed and approved, an RMH staff member will contact you with an inviation to the next Meet and Greet.