In-House volunteer opportunities
The information provided on this page is for individuals that wish to be In-House Volunteers.
Learn more about the other individual volunteer opportunity available:
When can I volunteer?
We have 2-4 hour shifts for individual volunteers every day from 9:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. at all three Ronald McDonald House locations.
When you complete the In-House Volunteer application, you will have an opportunity to list your availability.
Types of In-House volunteer activities
Activities will vary based on our organization’s needs. Below are some areas you may be asked to assist with:
- Providing House tours for our guests, donors, and other volunteers.
- Assisting with phone inquiries and messages.
- Performing light housekeeping in common areas.
- Donation sorting and stocking/inventorying supplies.
- Assisting with the kitchen and Share-A-Meal groups.
- Providing compassionate hospitality to guests with direction from staff.
Additional guidelines for In-House volunteers
- Due to the unique nature of volunteer placements, we are unable to accept court mandated volunteers.
- Must be 18 years of age to volunteer.
- Must submit a complete application, attend an RMH Volunteer Meet and Greet, attend (4) training sessions provided by an RMH staff member/volunteer, and finally complete a background check.
- Commit to volunteering In-House for a span of at least 1 year.
How to sign up to be an In-House volunteer
Completing the application does not guarantee you volunteer placement at RMH. Please allow for up to ten business days for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed and approved, an RMH staff member will contact you with an invitation to the next Meet and Greet.