Are you looking for an indepth learning opportunity for your high school, college, or civic organization? We can help!
The purpose of the RMHCCF Service Learning program is to enhance your knowledge of the Ronald McDonald House mission. Through a series of topics and activities, individuals will gain hands-on experience within the non-profit and hospitality sector. This program is structured and geared towards students capable of following specific guidelines to ensure their success.
Topics covered during the program:
- Food safety
- A minimum of 25 hours must be completed within 2-3 months
- Minimum 15 years of age (or in high school)
- Completion of (1) fundraising activity
- Completion of (1) In-House activity
- Participate in Exit Interview
Provide comfort and care to our families with your gift of time by participating in one of the volunteer activities below! Opportunities are available for individuals or groups to earn between 2-4 hours through onsite or offsite activities. This can be a one-time or reoccurring activity for volunteers.
Additional guidelines for community service volunteers
- Due to the unique nature of volunteer placements, we are unable to accept court mandated community service volunteers.
- Each individual, age 16 and up, will be checked against the National Sex Offender Public Registry. No one who is a registered sex offender or who has been convicted of a crime against children will be allowed on RMH property.
How to sign up
Each volunteer must complete our online Community Service application and select either the Service Learning or Community Service program.
Completing this application does not guarantee you community service hours at RMH. Please allow for up to ten business days for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed and approved, an RMH staff member will contact you with next steps.
Where can I volunteer?
Both programs are offered at all three Ronald McDonald House locations in Central Florida.
Ronald McDonald House on the campus of AdventHealth for Children
2201 Alden Road
Orlando, FL 32803
Ronald McDonald House on the campus of Arnold Palmer Medical Center
1630 Kuhl Avenue
Orlando, FL 32806
Ronald McDonald House on the campus of Nemours Children's Hospital
13351 Nemours Parkway
Orlando, FL 32827