Do you need community service hours for your high school, college, or civic organization? We can help with that!
When can I volunteer?
We have 2-hour shifts for community service volunteers every day from 9:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. at all three Ronald McDonald House locations.
When you complete the Community Service Volunteer application, you will have an opportunity to list your availability. Please note that due to the high volume of community service requests, we are unable to guarantee fulfillment of all hours requested.
Types of community service volunteer activities
Activities will vary based on our organization’s needs. Below are some areas you may be asked to assist with:
- Welcoming families to the House
- Light administrative work
- Assistance with housekeeping
- Assistance with serving meals
Additional guidelines for community service volunteers
- Due to the unique nature of volunteer placements, we are unable to accept court mandated community service volunteers.
- Each individual, age 16 and up, will be checked against the National Sex Offender Public Registry. No one who is a registered sex offender or who has been convicted of a crime against children will be allowed on RMH property.
- Volunteers ages 15 years or younger must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at all times.
How to sign up
Completing this application does not guarantee you community service hours at RMH. Please allow for up to ten business days for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed and approved, an RMH staff member will contact you with next steps.