Orlando's original House that love built opened on the campus of AdventHealth for Children in 1996.
Benefits of staying at a Ronald McDonald House
According to a study recently published in Families, Systems, and Health, a journal of the American Psychological Association, families who stayed at a Ronald McDonald House believe that being nearby helped their child recover and shortened their time in the hospital. We help families:
- Stay together during their child’s medical crisis
- Reduce their stress and financial burden
- Feel less isolated and find a network of support to help them cope
RMH at AdventHealth for Children
Our sunny yellow, three-story House is a short walk to the hospital, located on land donated by AdventHealth for Children.
We strive to make the House a "home-away-from-home" for the families who stay here. There are 22 bedrooms with private bathrooms, a kitchen and dining area, laundry room, playroom, and living room.
Additional provisions for our families
Ronald McDonald House also provides the following services to allow our families to focus on what matters most- their child’s healing process:
- Transportation to and from the hospital when needed
- Lunch and dinner provided by community volunteers when possible
- Access to a community pantry and refrigerator with donated food
- Access to Ronald’s Treasure Room, with household items and small gifts
Safety and security
Our number one priority is to provide a safe environment for our families, volunteers, and staff.
- All families who stay with us are asked to complete a background check and adhere to House rules
- Each House visitor is asked to sign in at the front desk
- A House Manager is on site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
How to stay
Does your family need to stay at the Ronald McDonald House on the campus of AdventHealth for Children? Learn more about our application process.