Orlando's original House that love built opened on the campus of Florida Hospital for Children in 1996.
Benefits of staying at a Ronald McDonald House
According to a study recently published in Families, Systems, and Health, a journal of the American Psychological Association, families who stayed at a Ronald McDonald House believe that being nearby helped their child recover and shortened their time in the hospital. We help families:
- Stay together during their child’s medical crisis
- Reduce their stress and financial burden
- Feel less isolated and find a network of support to help them cope
RMH at Florida Hospital for Children
Our sunny yellow, three-story House is a short walk to the hospital, located on land donated by Florida Hospital.
We strive to make the House a "home-away-from-home" for the families who stay here. There are 22 bedrooms with private bathrooms, a kitchen and dining area, laundry room, playroom, and living room.-
Additional provisions for our families
Ronald McDonald House also provides the following services to allow our families to focus on what matters most- their child’s healing process:
- Transportation to and from the hospital when needed
- Lunch and dinner provided by community volunteers when possible
- Access to a community pantry and refrigerator with donated food
- Access to Ronald’s Treasure Room, with household items and small gifts
Safety and security
Our number one priority is to provide a safe environment for our families, volunteers, and staff.
- All families who stay with us are asked to complete a background check and adhere to House rules
- Each House visitor is asked to sign in at the front desk
- A House Manager is on site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
How to stay
Does your family need to stay at the Ronald McDonald House on the campus of Florida Hospital for Children? Learn more about our application process.