Built in 2016, our third House, allows us to keep families of Nemours Children's Hospital close during critical times of need.
Benefits of staying at a Ronald McDonald House
According to a study recently published in Families, Systems, and Health, a journal of the American Psychological Association, families who stayed at a Ronald McDonald House believe that being nearby helped their child recover and shortened their time in the hospital. We help families:
- Stay together during their child’s medical crisis
- Reduce their stress and financial burden
- Feel less isolated and find a network of support to help them cope
RMH at Nemours Children's Hospital
Our third House, which opened in 2016, is just steps from Nemours Children's Hospital, located in Lake Nona.
We strive to provide the comforts of home for families who stay here. There are 15 bedrooms with private bathrooms, a residents kitchen and dining area, a large meeting room, a laundry room, a playroom, an activity room, and a beautifully landscaped backyard that includes healing gardens and a playground!
Additional provisions for our families
Ronald McDonald House also provides the following services to allow our families to focus on what matters most- their child’s healing process:
- Transportation to and from the hospital when needed
- Transportation to and from a nearby retail complex when needed
- Lunch and dinner provided by community volunteers when possible
- Access to a community pantry and refrigerator with donated food
Safety and security
Our number one priority is to provide a safe environment for our families, volunteers, and staff.
- All families who stay with us are asked to complete a background check and adhere to House rules
- Each House visitor is asked to sign in at the front desk
- A House Manager is on site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
How to stay
Does your family need to stay at the Ronald McDonald House on the campus of Nemours Children's Hospital? Learn more about our application process.